As a community-based and patient-centered organization, we deliver comprehensive, culturally-competent and cost-effective primary and preventative care to our patients. Healthcare services are available to ALL patients – with and without insurance.
WE ACCEPT MOST INSURANCES
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Commercial insurance plans
- HMO / PPO
Specialists are available to assist with Affordable Care Act and Medicare Part D enrollment.
- Discounted fees based on income
- Individual payment plans
- Sliding Fee Discount Program
We strive to assure that no patient is denied care due to an inability to pay for our services. The individual patient’s ability to pay is determined by household size and annual income. Discounts are applied based on federal poverty guidelines, updated annually by the federal government. Even patients with insurance may be eligible for discounts and are encouraged to apply.
Payment is expected at the time of service, and staff reserves the right to reschedule a patient’s non-urgent appointment when the patient is not prepared to pay the per-visit minimum. Flexible payment plans are available for the uninsured or under-insured.
GOOD FAITH ESTIMATE
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical and dental care will cost.
- Under the law, Carolina Family Health Centers, Inc. gives patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and office visit charges.
- Good Faith Estimate are provided for appointments made three days in advance of the visit.
- Good Faith Estimates are provided to you in writing via mail, in-person or via the patient portal.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call 252-243-9800 ext. 330.
HEALTH INSURANCE ENROLLMENT ASSISTANCE
CFHC has enrollment specialist on staff to assist with Marketplace/Affordable Care Act enrollment. Open enrollment is November 1st through December 15th, however, certain life event qualify for the Special Enrollment Period.
CFHC is also a partner of the North Carolina Department of Insurance’s Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) and can provide assistance with Medicare enrollment.